Descriptive Essay Writing Topics
Content of this article
- List of topics
- Useful tool
- Tips on descriptive essay writing
Students think that the descriptive essays are the easiest essays that could be given as a home task. They are quite right, as this kind of essay presupposes involving less research. Writing descriptive essay students should be more personal and use their imagination to the full extent. Descriptive essay always includes creative writing, even if the topic seems to be dull and boring at first glance. However, if you have a chance to choose a topic on yourself, be creative enough as the success of your essay on 75% depends on the chosen topic. Do not avoid generic topics. They may require you to work a little bit harder, but be sure that your work will be completely rewarded by the interest of readers enjoying reading your essay.
Ideas for Descriptive Essay
Descriptive essays may be difficult when you don’t have any idea what to write about. If you are in search of the topic that would be worth exploring, pay attention to the little prompts presented for you in this article. The topics presented below will inspire you and give motivation for the creation of your own writing masterpiece.
Catchy Essay Title Is What You Need
Titles are extremely important as they motivate readers to continue exploring your essay. Your title should grab reader’s attention from the first sight. Your title shouldn’t be long, but it should give concise information about the topic of your essay and catch audience attention so that they decided to continue reading.
Ideas for writing descriptive essay
Writing of the descriptive essay can be quite challenging. This kind of the essay is all about sharing your own experience, however, it is not an easy task what to write about to get success. Therefore, here are some basic tips to help you in writing of good descriptive essay.
Did you Know we can help you Write Your Essay?
Descriptive essay topic list
- Best place for family visit
- Favorite hangout spot
- First moving experience
- Graduation in the life of every student
- Experience of learning new language
- The best place to work
- The first kiss
- First experience of performing in front of the crowd
- The first date
- Making your first speech
- The first concert you’ve visited
- The best present you’ve ever got
- Your lucky charm
- The first award I won
- Running a marathon
- Meeting with an old friend
- Getting lost in the new city
- Not the best day of my life
- The day when I met my love
- The first experience of airplane flying
- A lesson taught by life
- Class reunion
- A camping trip
- A trip to the nature museum
- My worst phobia
- A bouquet for my mother’s birthday
- My life goal
- A day near the ocean
- A family picnic
- Meeting new people
- A scenic view
- A competition you’ve won
- A night walk
- A haunted house
- Watching a parade
- Reunion of the old friends
- A walk through the park
- Waiting in a queue
- Wearing a Halloween costume
- Favorite bookstore
- The biggest dream in your life
- The most horrible nightmare
- A childhood memory
- A favorite place for leisure
- A ride in a train
- The longest trip ever
- Favorite vacation
- Your pet
- Your best friend
- The ideal date for you
- A photograph that impressed you
- A book that impressed you
- A painting that impressed you
- The best restaurant in your town
- An addiction you have
- You favorite song
- The most embarrassing moment of your life
- Your room
- Your worst enemy
- People you see on the street
- Usual working day
- The brightest memory
- A teacher who influenced your life
- A stranger in the crowd
- Your hero
- Falling in love
- Exploring new city
- An experience that changed your life
- A new car
- A walk in the forest
- Beach party you attended
- Favorite dish
- Participating in sport competition
- A road trip
- First driving lesson
- Your major life achievement
- Experience of living abroad
- Visiting places from childhood
- Whom do you want to be when you grow up
- A funny memory
- Meeting a famous person
- Traveling with family
- Starting over
- First day at work
- Favorite beverage
- Favorite colleague
- Your first breakup
- Your favorite shoes
- Favorite Halloween outfit
- Favorite genre of music
- First day in college
- Your mentor
- Favorite childhood memory
- Vacation spot you would like to visit
- Favorite rock band
- Most influential moment of your life
- Your best childhood friend
- Your first phone
- Your date to prom
- Favorite painting
- High school reunion
- Favorite TV show
- Most influential TV personality
- Best family vacation
- Favorite teacher
- Favorite season of the year
- Favorite dish
- Favorite football team
- Your first girlfriend or boyfriend
- Your worst nightmare
- Your favorite movie hero
- Your first car
- A country you would like to visit
- Your childhood tree-house
- High school graduation
- Meeting an old friend
- Most influential political figure
- Most memorable childhood phobia
- Getting lost in the city
- Favorite basketball player
- Favorite cake
- Favorite yoghurt flavor
- Your first computer
- Your first 3D movie experience.
Need more topics?
As you can see, there are plenty ideas for you t write a descriptive essay. Don’t forget to include details and show your creativity and your essay will get success.
Tips on writing descriptive essay strucure elements
Tips on Introduction Writing
Introductions simply explains the topic the writer chose. It also provides the reasons why the writer chose the topic. When writing an introduction, you should focus on the following:
- Be brief and direct. Avoid ambiguity and provide a convincing justification of the topic chosen.
- Include a strong thesis. Do not pass the opportunity of capturing the reader’s attention by using a weak thesis.
- Narrow down the scope of the topic to avoid generalization.
Tips on Body Paragraphs Writing
The main body section often builds on the thesis statement. Therefore, the points provided here help to cement the writer’s position or support the thesis statement. Below are tips on writing the body section:
- Mainly consists of three paragraphs unless stated otherwise in the instructions.
- The first paragraph should focus on the features of the person, object, or situation.
- The second paragraph often contains information about the object’s, situation’s, or person’s surrounding.
- The third paragraph should appeal to the readers’ emotions and senses. The writer should, therefore, focus on things that will hypothetically give life to the picture being created.
Tip on Conclusion Writing
Fundamentally, a conclusion provides an emphasis of the writer’s description in the main body. Here are some tips on writing the conclusion:
- Restate the essay’s thesis statement.
- Provide a summary of the essay’s main points. Writers often conclude by using an emotional tone.
Samples of writing
What Is a Descriptive Essay?
A descriptive essay is a type of essay which aims at helping you illustrate something to your reader in a way that they can see, feel, or hear what you are talking about.
In this assignment, the student-writer recreates a scene, an image, or a picture of something. It requires them to describe something in a visual manner so that the reader (in most cases, one’s professor) can easily visualize it as they read.
If you are looking for descriptive essay examples here is a great one below.
DESCRIPTIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE
It is an exercise in the student-writer’s skill of using specific language, their ability to perceive, name and describe every major element of an image; the student-writer also names the many objects that comprise an image, which is a very crucial part of the writing process for a descriptive essay.
A reader should be able to read a descriptive essay and imagine the described image in its entirety. The reader should ultimately be able to see the described image as if they were looking at a painting or a photograph for the first time.
(Note: The following is a list of 50 topics that, categorized by subjects, can be used to help guide the student writing a descriptive essay. In most cases, a descriptive essay assignment is given in English composition and creative writing courses; however, there are always exceptions.) If you prefer to save your time and ensure perfect result, we suggest you to try our essay writing service in UK.
50 Descriptive Essay Topics
- A house at the base of a mountain, or near a body of water
- The inside of a picturesque restaurant, building or room
- The outside of a sprawling cathedral
- A park in the middle of the day
- One’s actual house or apartment complex
- A cemetery at midnight
- A waiting room at a doctor’s office or hospital
- One’s dream house
- A garden or a flowerbed of colorful flowers or plants or trees
- A street that is illuminated at night by the streetlights
- A beautiful (or horrid) landscape
- A place where a natural disaster has occurred
- A favorite restaurant, hangout spot or personal retreat
- A scene of an accident or crime
- A place visited as a child, teen or young adult
- An art exhibit or museum
- A school or college campus
- The neighborhood in which the student-writer grew up
- An inspiring view
- Children playing during a hot summer’s day
- A priest during a sermon or leading a prayer or invocation
- A president, political figure or leader
- A historic figure
- A celebrity
- A family member
- A best friend
- A mystical creature
- A character from a book or film or TV show
- A boss
- A professor
- A musical instrument – a trumpet, a guitar or a piano, for example – and its surroundings
- A vehicle, a car, a train, city bus
- An article of furniture
- A treasured belonging
- A plate of vibrantly colored or uniquely arranged food
- A work of art, whether a painting or abstract sculpture, etc.
- A piece of jewelry or a collection of jewelry
- A vase of flowers
- The inside of a garage or attic
- A photograph
- A bicycle, motorcycle, skateboard, surfboard, etc.
- A costume or an article of clothing
- The cover of a book, an album, a movie or DVD
- An animal, whether a domestic pet, a wild animal, or one in captivity (like a zoo or aquarium)
- A sunrise or a sunset
- The view of an ocean or beach
- A childhood memory, trip, experience, a special moment
- A wedding, funeral, party or celebration
- A memorable birthday
- A sporting event
HOW TO WRITE A DESCRIPTIVE ESSAY
In case you need help with writing your descriptive essay contact our support team and we will gladly help you. Essay writing is in our name, and believe us – our writers are best in this, they really know what they do. Descriptive essay writing rarely requires research, it’s more about training eloquence of speech of writing, and our writing experts will be able to not only meet your expectations but will exceed, providing a quality custom written piece. Just place an order and our professionals will write a winning paper fro you.