Secretary Cover Letter
The secretary cover letter focuses on why you are a good match for the job.
A good cover letter should highlight the skills and abilities that qualify you as the right candidate for the secretary job. This professionally written letter clearly spells out why you should get the interview. It persuades the employer to take your application to the next level.
Adapt the sample cover letter to meet the requirements of the job you are applying for.
Secretary Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Mary Stevens
Human Resources Manager
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mrs Stevens
It is with both interest and enthusiasm that I respond to your advertisement for a Secretary. I believe that my experience and skills combine to create an excellent match for the position and I would appreciate careful consideration of my credentials as listed below.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of a variety of software applications including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and database management.
- Proven communication and information management skills involving the preparation of correspondence and other documents.
- Responsible for organizing meetings, appointments and internal events.
- Successful completion of numerous projects involving research and the preparation of reports for management.
- Multifaceted liaison with senior management and clients.
- A solid reputation as an independent worker who uses her initiative and organizational skills to get the job done.
I look forward to hearing from you to further discuss this exciting opportunity. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience, please contact me via phone or email to arrange a suitable time.
Thank you for your consideration.
Your Secretary Job Search
Sample Secretary Resume
Secretary Job Description
Secretary Interview Questions
Secretary Cover Letter Tips
Executive Assistant Job Resources
Executive Assistant Job Description
Executive Assistant Resume
Executive Assistant Cover Letter
Highlight your strengths in your cover letter. Go to this list of strengths to identify your own relevant areas of strength.
Identify the competencies that are key to the secretary job opportunity and focus on these in your job-winning cover letter.
Job Interview > Free Cover Letters > Secretary Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Legal Secretary Advice
Want to get hired as a legal secretary? The cover letter examples below can help you create a winning cover letter faster. A legal secretary helps prepare and file legal documents, and often takes on managerial duties. The cover letter examples we’ve developed highlight the skills and attributes you’ll want to include in your legal secretary cover letter. Take the next step toward a more exciting and satisfying career as a legal secretary with these helpful examples now.
Cover Letter Tips for Legal Secretary
Finding jobs as a Legal Secretary, like finding jobs elsewhere in the country, requires hard work, preparation and some dedication. Finding work can be a difficult process, but know what steps to take can make it a little easier. Consider these tips as you try to find a job:
1. Gather information through your network. The more information you can get, the more you will know about opportunities. There are a lot of information-gathering techniques, but you should turn to your network. These people will be able to give you an idea of available jobs, great companies to work for and so much more.
2. Make a plan. Before you can successfully find jobs as a Legal Secretary, you need to make some sort of a plan. Figure out what type of jobs you are looking for and where you want to look. This will help you get started in your search, but you may find that you’ll have to broaden your expectations.
3. Look to the future. It is important that you think about your future rather than just right now. You want to find a job that you’ll like at a company you can grow in. This will help decrease the likelihood that you’ll have to find a new job anytime soon in the future.
4. Figure out where to look. Not only do you have to know what you’re looking for, but you have to know where to look. You can often find job leads on online job posting sites, in newspapers, at career centers, at job fairs, through your network, at the local library or on online job banks.
5. Practice for the interview. Finding job opportunities is one thing, but you also have to make sure you are prepared for the interview. This means working on your cover letter, practicing common interview skills, figuring out what you want to wear and working on actively listening.
Legal Secretary Job Seeking Tips
Searching for jobs is important, but it is also important that you create an outstanding cover letter. Your cover letter is your calling card. Hiring managers will look at that and be reminded of you. Use these tips to ensure you create a cover letter that will help you get jobs as a Legal Secretary:
1. Think about your important skills, experience, personality traits and accomplishments and try to incorporate them into your document.
2. Consider what the hiring manager might want to see, and try and include information that is important to them by revamping your cover letter each time you apply to a new job.
3. Use a reverse chronological order to ensure your more recent experience and education is up at the top.
4. Use bullet points, headers, the table tool and bold font to make your cover letter more reader-friendly.
5. Try to keep your information relevant to the position at hand.