Graduate Teacher Cover Letter
Graduate Teachers are employed by colleges or universities and are responsible for assisting staff members with teaching tasks. Typical work duties of a Graduate Teacher are handling lower-level courses, preparing teaching materials, assigning work, giving examinations, grading papers, mentoring students, doing laboratory work, performing research, informing students on their grades, helping to organize various events such as conferences, and monitoring student attendance.
A well-written cover letter sample for Graduate Teacher should focus on skills and job assets like the following:
- Extensive knowledge of their field
- Instruction skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Computer competences
- The ability to motivate students
- A professional demeanor
- Organization and planning
A successful Graduate Teacher cover letter example highlighting comparable abilities and competences can be seen below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Graduate Teacher Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. McGuire:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Graduate Teacher, I felt compelled to submit my credentials for your review. As an accomplished and skilled professional with experience in academic program development and support, as well as a recent Master’s degree in Economics, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to the success of Sehome College’s objectives.
My experience includes assisting professors in instructing students across a variety of economics topics while using innovative information delivery techniques to boost participant interest and data retention and facilitate optimal learning experiences. With my professional achievements, combined with my communication and leadership talents, I am prepared to excel at motivating and inspiring students of all levels as your next Graduate Teacher.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Developing and implementing highly effective and engaging instructional plans and curriculum for classroom delivery; creating course materials, teaching basic courses, organizing exams, and grading papers and tests.
- Conducting research in conjunction with professors for eventual publication in academic journals; creating literature reviews in accordance with professors’ research interests.
- Earning continual high marks and scores from students for superior instructional style, engaging teaching techniques, and communication/interpersonal talents.
- Attaining a Juris Doctorate and a Bachelor of Science in Law Enforcement, as well as participating in numerous developmental seminars to hone leadership, training, and communication skills.
With my proven record of success in college-level instruction, along with my expertise in the field of economics, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Renee J. Stafford
Dear Mr. Sheffield,
After having recently passed the teaching boards and obtaining full California K-12 certification, I was excited to learn of the available high school English teacher opening at Rolling Hills High School. I completed my Bachelor’s of Science in Education with an English emphasis and know I would be a great choice. My practicum was completed in the English department at Happy Hills High School and the teachers and principal there are some of my references.
I learned a lot about educational theory and methods while in college, but the time I spent doing my practicum as an English teacher at Happy Hills was invaluable. I learned how to put theory into practice while leading a classroom. Some skills I gained included how to keep control while also keeping learning fun for the students.
I am great at curriculum development and delivery. My lesson plans are highly interesting. I try to incorporate current events to make the material fresher and more accessible to students.
I am excited to begin my journey as a new teacher and hope I can do so at Rolling Hills High School. Either my cell phone or email are good ways to contact me. My CV is enclosed.